Friday, October 09, 2009

Ban the Mind Reader Revisited

A popular mind reader and stage magician who was recently attacked by a mob in Rugby (see Ban the Mind Reader!), has finally spoken out regarding his ordeal. Rejecting police allegations that he had triggered the riot by using his 'powers' to sexually harrassg female members of his audience, The Mysterious Ned claims that the attack ws completely unprovoked. “I was bloody terrified! I was barely halfway through my act – I was just up to the bit where I successfully used my powers of suggestion to make this bird take her clothes off – when this bunch of lunatics burst in through the fire doors at the back and stormed the stage,” explained The Mysterious Ned, who admits that he hadn’t seen the attack coming, to the East Midlands Mentalists’ and Conjurers’ Gazette. “They were screaming and shouting, calling me a bastard and a pervert! One of them punched me in the face, then they all fell on me, kicking and pummelling me!”

The Mysterious Ned somehow managed to escape his attackers and fled through the stage door to the streets, still pursued by the mob. “They finally cornered me behind the railway station – I tried to use my amazing mental powers to befuddle them, but one of them just kneed me in the groin and put this noose around my neck,” he claims. “Luckily, just as they were about to string me up, the police arrived!” However, the mob quickly reformed outside the local police station, and was eventually dispersed by riot police using batons and tear gas. The Mysterious Ned remains mystified as to what sparked the attempt on his life and subsequent riot. “I’ve never had that reaction to my act before,” he muses. “Although there was that woman in Rhyl who slapped me when I told her I sensed that she was wearing crotchless panties. But most people just ask for a refund when they don’t like it.” The Mysterious Ned remains available for children's parties and hen nights.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home