Thursday, October 11, 2007

Punch a Priest Today (Part Two)

Further to my previous post on this subject, I feel that my motivation for exhorting my readers to go around physically assaulting members of the clergy required a little more elaboration. Just look at it as payback - remember all those wars waged in the name of religion, all those atrocities committed in the name of God/Allah/Yahweh etc. In view of all those centuries of repression - denying women the option of abortion, condemning people for their sexuality, denying education to the masses and monopolising knowledge - I think that a smack in the face would be a small price to pay. Personally, if it was left entirely to me, we'd be burning all the bastard priests, Imams and the like at the stake and firebombing every place of religious worship, regardless of denomination. It really is about time we stamped out this irrational claptrap.

The bottom line is that I have nothing against people having individual faith, it is organised religion and its bloody priests that I have a real problem with. Like all large organisations, it simply becomes self-serving with a hierarchy determined to exercise total control over its followers. Its priests inevitably seem to end up abusing their positions of trust - only today I heard of another case of an ex-priest being accused of child molestation. Apparently the charges relate to 'historic abuse' of young people. What the hell does that mean? Did he dress up as Henry VIII as he buggered little boys? Who knows - but whatever it means, surely it deserves a punch in the kisser, at the very least?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home