Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Please Stop Now!

I'm really beginning to regret ever writing those bloody stories about 'Bishop' John Salford and his vampire/devil hunting activities. They seem to have landed me in the middle of the still ongoing (for other thirty years now) feud between British occultists Sean Manchester and David Farrant. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've had to restrict posting privileges here at Sleaze Diary in order to stop this becoming part of their battleground. Now, I find my inbox full of e-mails from the opposing camps. Yesterday it was Farrant's supporters, today it was the 'Gothic Press', which published Manchester's books. Look guys, I'm really not interested in this feud, other than for satiric purposes. I'm taking the piss out of both of you, OK? The bottom line is that I'm just some guy who writes stories he likes to think are satirical for the web. My quest for material frequently takes me into the realms of the Fortean. As a sceptic, I find such stuff ripe for satire. That's it. I have no interest in vampire hunting, ghosts, ghoulies, the Loch Ness monster or bigfoot. Except where I can use them for humourous purpose.

What I'm trying to say here is - leave me out of your feud. OK, I know you are running out of forums where you haven't been banned on which you can pursue your dispute, but that doesn't mean you can invade my inbox or blog instead! Please, please, stop sending me e-mails! Please, please, stop commenting here! I just want to be left alone to write my stuff, get my phone reconnected, lay my laminate flooring and drink beer. I really am growing tired of having to waste time writing posts like this one. It reduces the amount of time and energy I can devote to writing proper posts and stories. So, thanks, but no thanks - I'm opting out of your private war - OK?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home