Thursday, February 22, 2018

Low Pressure

I keep saying that I don't want to get into the habit of writing about my health here, but, I have had some good news on that front this week.  My blood pressure has dropped to 158/92, which is still way too high, but compared to what it was a  month ago, this is a big step forward.  I can really feel the difference: the headaches have faded away and the pressure behind my eyes and feeling of tightness across my face have vanished.  Moreover, the side effects from the Metformin I have to take for the diabetes seem to have eased off - my digestive system is slowly but surely returning to normal.  Mind you, all the upset has resulted in me losing some weight - to the extent that I've had to replace my belts, as my trousers were in constant danger of falling down.  Not that I would recommend the 'shit yourself thin' diet to anyone: eating less and exercising more, which was doing before, is a far less painful, albeit slower, way to lose weight.

I'm still off work and likely to remain signed off for a couple more weeks at least, possibly longer.  As I've noted before, the situation puts me in a kind of limbo: not knowing how long I'll be off work, I'm loathe to start any kind of activity that might become a long term project, or plan anything more than a couple of days ahead.  That said, I have been able to finally put into practice a long held ambition to try and hibernate through the cold weeks of January and February - bed is definitely the warmest place to be at this time of year.  But I really do need to get down to doing something substantive with my time.  I've recovered sufficiently now that simply being away from the stress of work is no longer enough. My energy levels are beginning to return and I just feel that I need to do something other than the constant rounds of doctor's appointments, tests and exercise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home