Thursday, May 26, 2011

Humorfeed Returns

Well, my obituary of Humorfeed was premature, as the site is, I'm happy to say, up and running again. Hopefully the bugs whicj caused its database to crash are now repaired and we can look forward to it staying up for the foreseeable future. The site's return was timely, as it allowed me to wring a few more page views from I Buried Osama!, a story that had already been pretty successful. Indeed, all of Issue 70's roster of stories has done pretty well, (although it is early days yet for Named and Shamed). Perhaps surprisingly, as it was the most whimsical story, Confessions of a Sex Murderer has proven to be far and away the most popular story this issue. Somebody posted a link to it on Twitter which, for some unknown reason, got re-tweeted all over the place for the next twenty four hours, racking up an impressive number of page views.

So, the question is, can Issue 71 match up to the exploits of its predecessor? Unfortunately, that's one of the great imponderables of web publishing. As Confessions of a Sex Murderer showed, you never can tell what's going to be popular. I've had stories containing what should be all the ingredients for a sure fire hit tank completely. I've got a couple of stories in varying states of completion which I think could do well, although I haven't yet decided on their publication order. Hopefully, I should have one of them complete and ready to lead off Issue 71 next week. The other thing I'm hoping to make some more progress on next week, as I'm off work then, is The Sleaze's now legendary revamp. Over Easter I managed to get about a third of the story archive moved over onto a database. Since then I just haven't had time to do much more. However, I'm aiming to transfer another third of the archive next week, keeping myself on track for an August/September relaunch. Hopefully!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home