Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll


I don't know about you, but at times of stress I seek solace in the familiar - I reread much loved books, watch favourite movies and and bask in the warmth of memories of good times, times when I was happy. Of late, I've been greatly aided in the latter by the various films and pictures I've shot of my various outdoor activities over the past couple of years. The above picture is a good example - I took it over Easter and it triggers great memories of walking down that woodland path, through the bluebells, to an Iron Age burial mound. A beautiful day, full of sunshine and birdsong, with me feeling incredibly relaxed, without a care in the world.

I have to say that, right now, I'm bloody glad that I've got the good times - well, the memory of them, at least - on tap, so to speak. I'm afraid that I'm feeling very unsettled following last week's change of workplace. My usual work routines have been completely upset, and I just can't seem to settle into a new routine. It isn't so bad when I'm out of the office, but the thought of my nomadic office existence, denied a permanent desk and workstation, hang heavily over my days. It used to be that my time in the office was something to be looked forward to - an oasis of stability and normality in my turbulent working day, full of familiar routines and schedules. Now, it's worse than when I'm out working the streets - the office is full of stress and tension, with no certainty of how or when I can get down and do the administrative work I have to do every day. So, I'm reading Len Deighton novels, watching guilty pleasures like The Good Thief and looking at my pictures of woodland walks. Roll on next week - I'm off work and free from this upset for a few days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home