Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Yes folks, it's that time of year again, when I celebrate being another year closer to the boneyard. Actually, I think the word 'celebrate' is putting it a bit strongly. I've never been big on birthdays, although, occasionally I do try and do something vaguely celebratory. Last year, for instance, I had a few drinks with friends. This year, however, I've spent the better part of the day either lounging around in my pyjamas, listening to the swear-fest which is Derek and Clive Live or wandering around my local Virgin Megastore in search of Italian zombie/cannibal movies (although I learned long ago that it really isn't a good idea to ask them if they have a copy of Cannibal Holocaust - you get treated like something scraped off the bottom of a shoe). The best they could come up with was a couple of Lucio Fulci films.

It doesn't help this year that the friend I'd most like to see has gone awol, not even answering text messages (believe me, that's bloody serious where she's concerned). Totally unreliable. Clearly, I need more reliable friends. Mind you, in the case of this one, I probably wouldn't like her as much if she was more reliable. Anyway, not only am I a year older, but it is more or less the first anniversary of me putting Sleaze Diary together. Certainly, it was about this time last year that installed this template and made the first test posts, although the site didn't officially go live until April 2006. Time flies, eh? But getting back to those Italian horror movies - every year my elderly Great Aunt gives me £20 on my birthday, I always tell her I've spent it on something terribly worthy, like the Lives of the Saints, or Jesus of Nazareth. I feel it best that she doesn't know she's subsidising my addiction to trash cinema...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home