Monday, June 26, 2006

Do You Spend Thousands on Prostitutes?

I've mentioned before the kind of e-mails I get every so often from supposed TV researchers, trying to get in contact with the various characters featured in The Sleaze. It has been quite a while since I received any such requests, and was beginning to hope that the message had finally got through that the site is satire and that all the stories are (pretty obviously, in my opinion) completely fictional. However, as if on cue, I get another 'press request'. This time I thought I'd share it with you all, so that the world (OK, the four people who read this) can marvel at how 'journalists' in the UK spend their time (to avoid embarrassment, I've withheld the name of the sender and their employer- I've also retained the original sender's spelling and grammar):

Hi,

I'm a journalist and am looking for men who spend thousands on prostitutes. I was hoping you might ber able to help me?

Do you know anyone who spends £10,000 a year on prostitutes? I understand the need for privacy but I'm trying to lift the veil on men who spend money on prostitutes.I have two men on board who are professional, in their 40's work high powered jobs and are happy to reveal that they visit prostitutes.

The piece won't be judgemental, I'm aiming at talking to three very normal sexy guys who visit prostitutes and don't see any problem with it

I can work with them on copy approval to make sure they're completely happy with their side of the story.
Many thanks in advance for your help.


What I really like about this one is the way that it doesn't actually relate to anything published in The Sleaze. It merely makes an assumption that because I run a site called The Sleaze I must be pretty sleazy myself and therefore either know prostitutes or men who use them (and by implication , I must use them myself). I have no doubt whatsoever that the author of this missive has never even read The Sleaze! But hell, why let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

Mind you, if you are a man who spends thousands on prostitutes and want to talk to a journalist rather than a psychiatrist about it, get in touch with me via The Sleaze and I'll happily pass your details along...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home