Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hell is Local TV - a Brief Update

I'm claiming a minor victory over my local cable TV supplier - they've finally dropped those bloody looped infomercials where a parade of idiots apparently dragged in off of the street tried to sell me various telephone talkplans and broadband internet. It wasn't before time - if Dave O'Reilly had told me one more time that he was here to tell me about 'Talk Unlimited', I swear to God that I would have hunted him down and killed him! Actually, although I did complain about those infomercials when I was up at said cable company's HQ a few weeks ago, I suspect their demise has more to do with the fact that a new pricing structure for the products in question comes into force at the end of the month, meaning that all the information given will soon be inaccurate. I have a nasty feeling that they're busy recording new infomercials to reflect the new prices, possibly with even more irritating presenters! Come the start of June the nightmare could start all over again!

Having said all that, there is a part of me which actually misses those infomercials now that they're gone! As I've mentioned before, they did exert an awful fascination, in much the same way that a nasty car crash does. Mind you, there's always ITV's interactive all night quiz bollocks, The Mint - a programme of mind-boggling inanity apparently designed by morons, for morons (and, by all indications, presented by morons) to take their place! Still, I have to look on the bright side - perhaps the absence of these cable horrors means that I'm finally moving out of purgatory. If only I could see some improvement in local television programming, I could be sure...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home