Friday, October 31, 2014

Zombie Hunt



October's 'Monthly Movie' entry inevitably has a Halloween theme. I have to say that this is one ripe for remaking - I was pressed for time making the film and by the time I had an opportunity to film anything, I was fast losing the light. Consequently, the quality of the finished footage leaves a lot to be desired. With some adjustments, you can just about what's going on in the later scenes, but I'm still not happy with it. Still, it's all I've got, footage wise. With another project for a possible October monthly movie bogged down in technical difficulties, the only other viable alternative would have been to cobble something together from the unused footage I shot in August and September.

Anyway, not only was the shoot hurried, I was also poorly prepared and unable to use any of my preferred locations due to time constraints. I really should have had a better costume for the 'zombie' and set up more complex shots. I was going to try a reshoot today and thought I'd be able to finish work early enough to catch at least an hour of daylight on a more favourable location. However, thanks to Crapchester's poorly designed road network, I spent most of the afternoon stuck in traffic jams and missed the opportunity. Hopefully, at some point in the future, I'll return to this project and remake it - I've got a great coat which would make a better 'zombie' outfit, or maybe I could use a bedsheet, as in M R James' 'Whistle and I'll Come to You', thereby substituting a ghost for the 'zombie'. I'll also be shooting 'day for night' and adjusting the footage in post-production to add a 'night filter'.

I know I'm not really selling this film well, making it sound like a hastily assembled clunker. But, to be fair, I do think it has its merits and is worth a look.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home