Thursday, April 04, 2013

Sounds of April

With the weather forecasters constantly assuring me that the temperatures were slowly returning to normal, I had high hopes for this latter part of my week off of work.  That was until I got up this morning to find it snowing again.  I went back to bed.  So far this year, every time I've taken a few days off of work, hoping for some relaxing outdoor activities, the temperatures have nose-dived and the wind speed rocketed.  Anyway, when I did get up, I decided to spend the day inside, (the only problem with this is that of late it has often been so cold during the day that it is necessary to put the heating on early, which costs money), and put some more work into the next edition of 'The Sleazecast'.  In this respect, the day has been a success.  Whilst it took the better part of the day to complete a segment running less than two and a half minutes, I now have around a third of the total planned running time 'in the can', so to speak.  Luckily, the remaining two thirds of planned material will require far less complex production and I should be able to complete it fairly quickly.

The bit I completed today is comparable to the 'Santa is Dead' segment of 'The Sleazecast' at Christmas', but three times as long.  Moreover, whereas the complicated bit of that segment was ensuring that the various sound elements were properly layered, with the new one it was a case of correctly ordering the dialogue elements and correctly placing the background track in relation to these.  As you can gather with all this talk of numerous segments, the forthcoming edition of 'The Sleazecast' will represent a radical overhaul of the podcast, with a completely new, 'fragmented', format.  I have high hopes for it - the segments I've so far recorded have exceeded my expectations in quality terms.  Anyway, you'll hopefully be able to hear for yourselves fairly shortly, (especially if this foul weather continues and I'm forced to spend more time indoors). 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home