Monday, March 18, 2013

Tweet FA

Somebody unfollowed me on Twitter, (I have so few followers that I tend to notice these things).  The sad thing is that, despite the lack of followers on my account, I can't for the life of me recall who it is that has stopped following me.  Not that I blame them for unfollowing me - my updates have become sporadic, to say the least.  I really can't be arsed.  The trouble with social media is that it isn't designed for anti-social people like me.  Besides, to really use things like Twitter effectively, you have to be online twenty four hours a day.  Thankfully, I'm not.  I'm at work without access to the web for large parts of the day, meaning that, even if I wanted to, I couldn't realistically tweet anything outside of evening hours.  Not only that, but other than tweeting new stories posted on The Sleaze, I really don't know what else I should be tweeting.  I mean, my life is so dull and uneventful it hardly seems fair to inflict it on other people.

Of course, a lack of tweets isn't the only reason for unfollowing someone - I recently unfollowed someone who was tweeting too much and swamping my timeline with stuff I really wasn't interested in.  (Interestingly, despite expecting them to reciprocate, they haven't unfollowed me).  It was my own fault - I shouldn't have followed them in the first place - I only did it because they'd followed me.  The experience of being overwhelmed by a prolific tweeter has left me wondering how those people who follow hundreds, if not thousands, of Twitter accounts ever make sense out of their feeds?  They must be continually blasted with a stream of trivia, narcissism and idiocy all day long.  It's impossible to properly assimilate that quantity of continuously streaming information.  It must simply become a stream of incoherent babble.  But getting back to my lamentable excuse for a Twitter feed, (which also serves as The Sleaze's Twitter feed), I really should make more effort, I know.  Apparently social media is the future for generating web traffic.  Not that I've seen much evidence to support this oft-repeated truism peddled by so called 'SEO experts'.  Maybe it would help if I split the feed up: retaining the existing feed as a personal account and setting up a new one for the site?  Who knows?  Who cares?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home