Thursday, March 07, 2013

Selfish Bastard

I appear to be living in some kind of parallel universe where Spurs are leading Inter Milan three-nil in the first leg of a Europa League tie.  Which might go some way to explaining why I've been feeling so out of sorts of late.  I just don't feel comfortable or at ease lately.  Partly it seems to be down to tiredness - I really haven't been sleeping of late, troubled by dreams I can't quite remember, but which I know disturbed me.  Unusually, from what little I can recall of them, these dreams seem to be continuous narratives, often picking up where I left off before the previous dream woke me up.  Added to that is a nagging bout of sinus congestion which seems impossible to shake off.  Then there's the idiocies I'm having to endure at work which, if they weren't so stressful, would be funny.  All of which has left me feeling uncomfortable and irritable.  Not helping all of this is the way in which various people are suddenly making demands upon me, but not reciprocating.  Don't you just hate it when you haven't seen or heard from someone in an age, then they turn up only to want something from you? 

The fact is that, right now, I'd really like it for someone to listen to me and try to solve my problems.  Just for once, that would be nice.  It would also be nice if people didn't get all judgemental when I'm reluctant to give them my time and accuse me of being selfish.  Well, you know something?  I am being bloody selfish - I'm tired of always being there for everyone else and now I want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.  Anyway, speaking of problems, my ISP (which, you recall, is being sold to Sky) is making it ever easier for me to part company with them sooner, rather than later.  After a supposed 'network upgrade' earlier this week, the connection is noticeably slower, with even small files taking an age to download.  Which isn't surprising, as I've now found that I'm being routed via London rather than a more local server.  How is that an upgrade?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home