Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pop Culture

I had a very trying day at work today, so I really don't feel up to making the post I was planning.  It would require too much effort.  Instead, I'd like to go back to something I mentioned last week: the project I was working on but couldn't really discuss at the time.  Well, this has now come to fruition - to cut a long story short, I was invited to guest present an episode of PQ Ribber's Pop Culture qd podcast over at the Overnightscape Underground. I managed to put something together over the weekend and it has now been posted here.  It isn't a million miles from some of the more recent episodes of The Sleazecast I've produced, albeit somewhat shorter.  I haven't a clue as to whether this will lead anywhere, but producing this episode has certainly focused my mind on the new series of The Sleazecast, which I'm due to start putting together very soon.  Perversely, although I talk a fair amount during the Pop Culture qd episode, I'm planning to appear less 'in person in the planned new Sleazecast episodes.  I firmed up my ideas for the first of these episodes whilst working on the guest hosting gig, as well as uncovering plenty of potential new raw audio material on the Internet Archive.

I'm also toying with the idea of trying to include some original music in this forthcoming series of podcasts - I know a couple of people who are self-styled musicians.  It's just a case of getting in touch with them and trying to persuade them to record something for me.  One of my greatest regrets is that I have apparently lost my cassette of The Salient Points' groundbreaking first album (only?) album, 'Snakepit of Missionary Degredation', (with cover art by me) - I've searched the house for this rare artefact and cannot locate it anywhere.  It was one of only a handful produced by this unheard of band, (which, as all Sleaze readers know, featured our own Professor Jerry Mire on vocals and penny whistle), and I would dearly love to share their musical genius with the world through The Sleazecast.  But, with the tape seemingly lost, I'll have to explore other musical avenues.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home