Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

For a while there it looked like this was all going to go horribly wrong.  But thankfully, Spurs managed to score in the ninetieth minute to rescue the tie against Lyon and qualify for the next round of the Europa League.  If they hadn't, it would have put a bit of a downer on my birthday celebrations.  That said, I should be used to that - I can't ever remember a time when Spurs played on, or close to, my birthday and won.  So perhaps I should take this momentous event as a good omen - God knows we need some of those!  Perhaps this is going to be good year.  Anyway, that late goal means the day is still on track - apart from a nagging sinus headache, I've had a stress-free day.  It's amazing how spending a few hours away from the hell of work can be so relaxing - by the time I got to the end of the working day yesterday I was pretty damn wound up, despite all my efforts to avoid problems.  

But, a morning mainly lying in bed listening to my mp3 player, an afternoon sat on the sofa eating fish and chips and catching up with some movies followed by the Spurs match and some cheese and bacon sandwiches, have gone a long way to unwinding me.  My state of mind is helped by the knowledge that I've got another day off tomorrow - one where I intend to be a bit more active.  For one thing I have to start work on a new project which, hopefully, I'll be able to talk about here a bit more next week.  For another, I really have to start making good on my New Year resolution to make more effort to keep in touch with a particular friend - something I've spectacularly failed to do.  But, getting back to today, I'm about to settle in for the late shift: beer and dodgy continental movies. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like your having a relaxing party. Enjoy!

12:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home