Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Staggering Through

It's only Tuesday and already I feel like I'm staggering through the week in a state of semi-exhaustion.  Obviously, the continuing refusal of Spring to arrive, leaving us the grip of what feels like a sixth consecutive month of freezing cold Winter isn't helping.  Added to that is the fact that I appear to become invisible when I'm in the office, either that or I've ceased to exist, (although, if we believe Descartes, I must exist as I think, at least, I think that I think).  Either way, I seem to spend most of my office time not being spoken to - particularly by managers who just look through me as if I'm not there.  Maybe I'm not.  I'm certainly not there in mind.  To digress slightly, the apparent lack of any social graces on the part of what passes for management in the modern workplace increasingly irks me.  I always thought that so-called 'people skills' were meant to be one of the core competences for successful managers.  Clearly I was wrong, as these days they don't seem to want to interact with staff at all, let alone manage them.

Getting back to the point, such as it is, on top of everything else I seem to be constantly beset by problems.  If it isn't the car misfiring and generally feeling lacklustre, then it is the anti-virus software on my laptop suddenly throwing up malware alerts.  Actually, the car was relatively straight forward to fix: a tankful of super unleaded petrol rather than the low octane regular unleaded it usually gets has restored its get-up-and-go and has it running as smooth as silk.  The laptop issue was also eventually resolved by completely removing an application I rarely used but which seemed vulnerable to malware.  The problem, in both cases, was the amount of time I had to waste in order to isolate the root problem in order to resolve it.  No wonder I feel so bloody weary!  Still, at least it is only a four day week, with Good Friday a bank holiday.  I have a whole stack of DVDs which intend spending the day watching.  Accompanied by beer and toasted sandwiches, obviously.  Then, thankfully, I have a week off of work, during which, hopefully, I'll finally make some progress with the much delayed next edition of The Sleazecast.  So, just two more working days to stagger through...   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home