Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer?

I don't know about you, but this month has been a lazy one for me. I just haven't been able to motivate myself to do anything much. The stories I've managed to get up onto The Sleaze have all been an ordeal to write and I still haven't recorded that mini-Sleazecast I was talking about earlier. Even though I started the month posting like a mad man over here at Sleaze Diary, I've pretty much run out of steam here, too. Maybe its the weather, swinging from one extreme to the other at a moment's notice - I certainly can't blame my torpor on the long lazy days of Summer. Indeed, I have to constantly remind myself that this is Summer and that we've already had the longest day. It was so bloody cold at the beginning of the month that my thermostat-controlled central heating came back on, for Christ's sake!

All of which makes me glad that, as is usual, I don't plan on taking my main Summer holiday until late August. It might have warmed up a bit by then. Of course, taking my leave in August risks another complication: the 2012 Olympics. However, I think I've timed it so that they'll just be ending as I go on leave. Plus, I'm not planning to visit Weymouth, where the sailing events are taking place. I was, on the other hand, comtemplating visiting London, but by the time I plan to do this, it will only be the Paralympics on and, whether we like it or not, they simply don't generate as much interest as the rest of the games. (A fact confirmed by the fact that they're shown on Channel 4 rather than the BBC). Anyway, getting back to the original point - my lack of inclination, not to say inspiration, to do anything creative this month - I'm hoping to do better in July. Certainly, I've scraped together some story ideas, none of which are exactly exciting me right now, I'll admit, which I might be able to make something of. I've also got various ideas for podcasts (starting with the mini-Sleazecast I keep failing to produce) which might get recorded if I can stir myself into action. We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home