Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Getting to Know You

Well, here we are again, I'm writing a post, you're reading it. But just who are you? Why are you here? OK, I know that some of you are just random surfers, passing through as a result of some search term which brings this blog up in Google or Bing, but I also know from my various web stats services that some of you are recurring visitors. It isn't so much that I recognise individual ip addresses, rather that I notice recurring patterns of page views, times of visits and locations of visitors. So, naturally, I'm curious as to who these people are - do I know them in real life, for instance? Actually, I do know at least one of you personally. Yes, Blackberry-user from Oxford, I mean you. Don't think I don't know it is you, (and I'm still convinced that you were also the 'West Country Stalker' in a previous existence). But there are others who visit regularly, whose identities remain enigmatic.

Who, for instance, is the regular visitor from Reading, using Talk Talk, who always clicks only on the The Sleaze's home page, then here? I say Reading, but the stats services aren't always hugely accurate when it comes to visitor location - they tend to go by the location of the originating server. Which, in practice, means that this visitor could be anywhere in the Thames Valley. Indeed, they could be the same person as Slough, who visits the same pages, or Maidenhead and Windsor, who also has the same surfing patterns. Not that I hold out any hope of any of you revealing yourselves. Nobody has ever come forward as a result of any of my previous attempts to get to know my visitors. From which I can at least deduce that you are all terribly shy...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home