Friday, June 15, 2012

Generating Hope



I thought I'd take some pictures of the generator truck which, since last Saturday morning, has been supplying me (and several of my neighbours, Kwik Fit, the Royal naval Association and several other businesses) with electricity. I took these photos yesterday evening, as the electricity company was due to do finally carry out repair work on the sub-station today and restore our mains connection. However, confusion still reigns as to what has actually happened today. Whilst there was a brief power outage this morning, which I assumed was when they switched from generator to mains, as of this evening, the generator truck is still there and still running. Whether my power is coming from it, or the mains, I don't know. The repair crew and their mini-excavator have departed, without, it seems completing the repairs to the cables, some of which are still exposed. Actually, let's have a close up of the cables connecting the truck to the supply cables:



Pretty neat, huh? It took them until Wednesday to get them like that. Before that, they were sprawling all over the place, with no cone and a piece of yellow plastic, rather than the walkway you see there, over them. But I mustn't complain - if it wasn't for the truck and its cables, I'd have had no power for the past week. So, let's take another look at it, this time from the 'business end', showing the control panel and rear platform:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home