Thursday, March 15, 2012

Winding Down for the Weekend

Well, I finally got another story up on The Sleaze - Lord Lucan: Found? Yep, we're as topical as ever, he only vanished in 1974 after all! Of course, this story is inspired by the recent news reports claiming Lucan had fled to Africa. An interesting thing about the story as written is that I've found that you can rearrange most of the paragraphs in almost any order and it still makes some kind of sense. The only proviso is that you need to keep the first paragraph where it is, otherwise, the running order of the others doesn't seem to matter. I realised this when I was assembling it prior to publication. I often write the paragraphs of stories out of order (the beginning isn't always the best place to start a story), although I always know what their eventual running order will be, but in this case, the last four seemed interchangeable. I spent quite a while deciding how to put them together. Personally, I'm not convinced that my version is the best order. So, cut and paste the story to your word processor and play with it yourself until you come up with a version you like! Who says we're not interactive?

Anyway, in other news, I'm beginning to think about what's going to go into the next Sleazecast. In fact, I'm hoping to record some stuff for it over the weekend. Indeed, I have high hopes of this weekend in terms of productivity. I usually visit my dear old mother on a Sunday, but this week she's at my sister's (they're going to the ballet apparently), meaning that I have both days of the weekend entirely to myself. So, in between catching up with hours of TV programmes I keep recording but not watching, I'm hoping not only to make a start on the new Sleazecast, but also make some progress on a couple of new stories I'm working on. There might be some beer drinking in there as well. Is it sad that this is my idea of a good weekend? Is the lack of human contact involved in it a bad thing? Can I help it that the older I get, the more anti-social I seem to become? The fact is that after a week of dealing with the human race, all I want at the weekend is to be left alone, (there are exceptions to this, but none of them are likely to turn up on my doorstep). Preferably in a darkened room.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home