Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Sleazecast: The Devil's Bathroom

Finally, the seventh Sleazecast is here! It's been a long hard slog, but, I feel, worth it. As promised, this is a completely revised version of the podcast, with a new format, featuring slightly less talking from me, and lots of additional features. There's sort of a theme of popular culture and its relationship to real life running through it, although it isn't too overt. Whilst I'm far happier with this particular podcast than I've been with previous editions, it has ended up running, at around forty five minutes, somewhat longer than I'd originally intended. However, as it represents a relaunch of The Sleazecast, I'm treating it as another pilot - individual 'production' editions probably won't feature all of items this one includes. But enough talk, on with the show, which you can hear here:

The Sleazecast: The Devil's Bathroom

Alternatively, you can download it here in mp3 format.

As usual, here's the track listing:

1. Intro

2. Life Imitating Art? Italian sexploitation, the debt crisis and celebrity bollocks

3. Showbiz News with Suzie Sleaze

4. The Devil's Bathroom (with special guest appearance from Ernest Borgnine)

5. Movie Musings From my Kitchen - Zombie movies and the illusion of narrative

6. How to Survive a Zombie Attack

7. On My Sofa - Thoughts on Homosexuality in Australian Soaps

8. Bold Venture with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall - Bogey goes cruising for Uncle Sam, Bacall gets upset

9. Spade Cooley Drum and Bass Remix

10. 'Wherever You Are, Whoever You Are' - conclusion and credits

Hopefully, you'll enjoy this new incarnation of The Sleazecast and spread the word. As many as, oh, two people listened to the last one. I'm hoping we can improve on that this time around. Fingers crossed that I can put together another one before the end of the month.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home