Thursday, November 17, 2011

Forest of Fear

Another film from my holiday way back in August/September. This one came about by accident, in that when I started, I had no idea of the shape it was going to take. It was only when I stumbled across the carved totem halfway through my walk that the 'story line' became clear. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, watch the film:



I did think of taking the silent movie theme a stage further by putting it all into black and white, but decided to just stick the 'old film' filter and inter-titles instead. The inter-titles helped get around a piece of footage I thought I'd shot, but turned out I hadn't - the sighting of the hut. Part of the problem was that when I first saw the hut, (before I ever saw the totem), there were kids playing in it, so I didn't film or approach it. Once I had an idea of what the finished film would look like, I went back to the hut and filmed the scenes of me sneaking around it, (although the shot from inside the hut, watching me approach was filmed in an entirely different shelter elsewhere in the woods), but forgot to shoot an establishing shot of it.

I also have an HD version of this film, (without the 'old film' filter), which I might post at some point. I only have one more film from my holiday to go, made up from footage left over from my trip to the second castle. When I've got time I'll cobble it together.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home