Thursday, September 08, 2011

Breaking Waves

Time for another film. This one keeps things simple - it's just a montage of sequences showing waves breaking on one of my favourite beaches. It was filmed at high tide on a very windy day, when the sea was crashing onto the shore quite violently. It opens and closes with a shot from inside my car. Anyway, enough preamble, here's the film:



As I've mentioned a few times, of late I've been unhappy with the quality of the video after I've converted the mp4 files it was shot in, into .avi or .wmv files so that I can edit it in Windows Movie Maker (WMM). So this time I edited the original files in Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM), which can handle unconverted mp4 files. In the past, I've avoided using WLMM, having been left unimpressed by its lack of functionality compared with the older WMM. However, the most recent update has addressed this, adding a wider range of effects, dissolves and titles. I still don't like the interface and its lack of a proper timeline, (which can make editing and sequencing of clips confusing), but the outputted files do retain their high definition characteristics. Consequently, this is the first true HD movie I've been able to publish here. So, I'm inclined to make assemble the next film - which will require somewhat more complex editing - in WLMM, rather than WMM.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home