Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Coastal Capers

I know, I know. August is rushing to a close and still there's no sign of the 'new' version of The Sleaze. The reality is that it exists in a sub folder on my hosting account, but I'm having some difficulties in making it 'live'. An attempt late last night ended in disaster with the whole site off line for the better part of an hour. Consequently, I was forced to revert to the old site. By the time everything was sorted out, it was three in the morning. The knock on effect was that I woke up today feeling exhausted and with a splitting headache. I ended up going back to bed and, for a while, it looked as if my planned coastal trip would have to be postponed. However, later than intended, I finally managed to set out for the sea.

Having spent the better part of the afternoon wandering around an old sea fort, I'm feeling a lot better. I also now have huge amounts of footage of the fort. Unfortunately, I was forced to revert to hand-held filming with all its disadvantages, as it just wasn't practical to set up a tripod there. I've had a brief look at it, and a fair amount looks usable, (albeit with some severe editing), so, when I've made sense out of it all, I'll try and splice it all together. Indeed, I might be able to get a couple of films out of it. Which would be logical, as the fort is divided into two distinct areas: Tudor and twentieth century. Getting back to the website issues, I'm going to make another attempt at switching over to the new site later on tonight. Fingers crossed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home