Monday, September 05, 2011

In The Castle (Part One)

I finally found time over the weekend to edit the footage I shot last week at the castle into two films. As I mentioned at the time, I had to resort to hand-held shooting as setting up the tripod was simply unfeasible at the location. I've been pleasantly surprised by the results - far less shaky than I expected! Anyway, the castle, (parts of which date back to at least the reign of Henry VIII), is effectively divided into two public areas: one, around the keep, concentrates on the Tudor heritage, whilst the other area, around the main courtyard and southern bastion, focuses on World Wars One and Two. Without further ado, here's Part One, which concentrates on the Tudor part of the castle:



You might recognise the castle from last year's film 'To The Lighthouse', where I walked around the exterior walls, (indeed, you can see the titular lighthouse from the earlier film several times in this film). I should point out that, in the interests of brevity, I've combined footage of the first and second floors of the keep, (if you were left wondering why, in one shot the room appears bare, whilst in others it has a display set up in it).

If you liked this film, don't worry, Part Two will be along soon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home