Monday, July 19, 2010

More Tech Woes

I am completely unable to make a proper post today, as my regular laptop is completely fucked. I say fucked - it boots into XP, looks normal, but nothing responds. Clicking on icons has no effect, the 'Start' menu is inaccessible - I just get that bloody 'hour glass' if I hover the cursor over it, or anything else on the task bar. An absolute bloody nightmare, as I have The Sleaze's next story 90% complete trapped on its bloody hard drive. So, it isn't just this blog that's screwed at the moment. The main site can't be updated either. Currently, I'm being forced to use my old, malfunctioning, laptop to access the web and carry out the most basic functions. The problem is that this laptop is so old and has so much wrong with it, (the touchpad doesn't work properly and several keys are coming off of the keyboard, for instance), that it is virtually impossible to use it for anything else. If I can't get the other laptop going again, I really don't know what I'm going to do. That said, following my sceptical comments about Google last time, traffic has taken another downward plunge. So this could be a blessing in disguise, forcing me to finally abandon a dying site which Google has clearly decided isn't worthy of traffic. We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home