Thursday, October 23, 2008

Halloween 2008 at The Sleaze

Well, Halloween is nearly upon us again and, once more, we're celebrating it at The Sleaze. Usually, of course, the month of October features three vaguely horror/weird themed stories. This year, due to the ongoing slump in traffic, I've been forced to abandon the planned slate of stories after the first (Blair Witch Finder Project), opting to try and get some more topical pieces in instead. Nevertheless, I've tried to keep the weird theme going with giant octopuses in The Beast That Ate Wall Street, and devil-worshipping bankers in Banking on Fear. Both also addressed the horrors of the current financial crisis, whilst the latter incorporated Sarah Palin, a true Halloween nightmare. Anyway, I'm planning to mark Halloween proper next week with a proper themed story, tentatively entitled The Monster Makers.

This means that, for the first time since God knows when, I'll have posted four stories in a month. However, the price of all this activity has been the absence of a new editorial, something else I'll try and address next week. Consequently, there'll only be two new stories in November. However, I'll also be posting some new material in the Reviews section. The relative lack of planned activity next month will hopefully give me some time to work on the much delayed overhaul of the site. The new page templates are pretty much complete (new stories have been using a version of them for a while now), and I'm putting the finishing touches to the navigation system, (after much experimentation with drop down menus and the like, I've opted for simplicity). So there you have it, another Halloween at The Sleaze.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home