Monday, June 23, 2008

Resolutions Resolved?

Well, here we are, more or less half way through the year. So this might be a good time to review the progress of those New Year resolutions I outlined back in December. Foremost amongst these, you might recall (who am I kidding? Nobody reads this toss regularly), was a resolution to give up on unrequited love and stop falling for women who barely notice me. Amazingly, its so far, so good, as far this one is concerned. Barring a couple of infatuations with celebrity women, (who don't know me at all, and who I'm never going to meet, so their lack of response doesn't matter), I've successfully avoided any romantic obsessions with real women. It's been bloody marvellous, free from all the angst which unrequited love generates, I've been able to think straight and devote my full attention and energy to other areas of my life. Consequently, I've felt so much happier in myself these past few months.

This, in turn, has helped me tackle resolution number two - being happier with my lot. I've spent far less time since the New Year worrying that life is passing me by, or that other people are doing 'better' than me. I'm pretty much happy being where I am, doing what I want to do. I don't need careers, more money or material possessions to make me happy. So, what about the other resolutions? Am I any more confident in my own abilities? Well, I still think I'm going to be 'found out' at any minute, but I'm getting there. Not being knocked back in the romance stakes all the time is helping. However, I'm afraid that I still haven't learned to like Russell Brand any more than I do - really, I've tried. But it's no good - I think he's a twat. Still, he doesn't seem to be on TV as much as he was last year - obviously he's no longer the 'next big thing'. Never mind, I'm sure they'll soon be inflicting some other talentless prick on us, and giving me someone else to go apoplectic over.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home