Thursday, May 08, 2008

Beached Whale

Just occasionally in life, someone gets their just desserts. This week, for instance, I was delighted to hear that James Whale had been sacked from his job as an on-air bigot - sorry, talk show host - on Talksport Radio. Ah, how long I've waited for that ignorant, obnoxious loudmouth to get his comeuppance. Apparently he finally over-stepped the mark when he urged listeners to vote for Boris Johnson in the London Mayoral elections. I was shocked to learn this - has the fat berk gone soft? I'd have thought that Johnson wouldn't be right-wing enough for Whale. Mind you, I doubt very much that Whale's endorsement would have influenced many voters - the kind of people who listen to radio phone-ins are simply there to have their prejudices reinforced. Frankly, I find them impossible to listen to - a parade of ignorance and bigotry.

Anyway, getting back to Whale, I see that he's quickly found new employment. Apparently he's going to be presenting on a shopping channel - Bid TV. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people eventually find their level. Trying to sell kitchen utensils to two insomniac viewers at 2am is just about Whale's level. It'll be interesting to see if he works any of his trademark knee-jerk reactionary invective into his sales pitch. Perhaps he'll refuse to sell Chinese-made goods on the grounds that they're immigrants. Maybe he'll berate buyers on air for the stupidity of their purchases. With any luck he'll get sacked from the shopping channel too...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home