Thursday, September 13, 2007

Getting Reconnected

Woo-hoo! My new ADSL broadband connection is finally up and running. Not only does it seem smoother running than its predecessor, but the IP address I've been assigned isn't blocked by half the servers on the net. Not, of course, that such a thing could possibly happen, at least not according to what passed for technical support at my previous ISP. Best of all, I finally have a wireless network set up. Yes folks, I can now surf the net from anywhere in my house. In fact, I'm actually sat on the toilet as I type this - no, just joking! But it is a bloody site more convenient than being effectively chained to one room when working on line.

The thing intriguing me now is the identity of the other local wireless networks my networking utility can now detect. I'm guessing by the strength of the signal that the BT HomeHub is my next door neighbours' network. In some parts of the house a BT business hub can be detected - I'm guessing that's one of the small businesses across the road, or maybe the local health care facility. There's also a SKY network and a BT Fusion hub, both unidentified. However, most intriguing is the weakly signalled network called 'andrea'. Now, I have an erstwhile friend of this name, who I know has a wireless network, but she lives more than ten miles away. So it can't be her, unless she's hiding under my floor boards or in the attic. Come to think of it, I haven't heard from her in a while...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home