Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Sleaze in December

I've finally got a new story posted over on The Sleaze: Queer in the Head? The title is something of a steal. It was used for a research paper on the treatment of homosexuals in Britain's mental health system by a friend of mine. It was so good, I just had to use it. It's only taken me three years, or so, to come up with a story to go with it! Unfortunately, I have rather lost touch with said friend. So, you old git, if you are out there and recognise your title, get in touch! Of course, I'm risking accusations of homophobia from those morons who always read stories at face value (despite the fact that The Sleaze is clearly a satire publication). However, I have no intention of explaining my stories to such cretins. They can just fuck off. Anyway, getting back to the story itself, it does manage to include the homosexual exorcising defrocked priest who was cut out Scared Stiff for reasons of length.

The publication of this story has knock on effects for the rest of this issue. In order to avoid the appearance of a gay-themed issue, and also to avoid flogging the same theme to death over a short period, I've decided not to proceed with 'Jingle All the Gay' as a Xmas story this year. I'm instead replacing it with a story based on the 'Invasion of the Christmas Snatchers' post below. It's an idea which has gripped me and I should be able to work it up into a full story fairly easily. Indeed, speed of production is of the essence, as I also have to post a new editorial before the next story. This is currently half-written and should appear over the next couple of days. One more administrative detail to note is that we've reverted back to the old strap line of 'Incredible Lies Today - Still Bollocks Tomorrow' on The Sleaze home page.

Before I go, I mustn't forget to wish my local non-league team all the best in their match against league opposition today in the FA Cup Second Round. Fingers crossed for a result!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home