Monday, October 09, 2006

Some TV Dude's Got Issues...

He's also got a researcher who can't tell fact from fiction. Just when I thought the message had got through to everyone in independent-TV production company land, along comes another e-mail requesting contact details for a fictional character in The Sleaze. This time the story concerned is Diary of a Stalker. As usual, the story is patently fiction, surely no reasonable person could mistake it for anything else? Once again, I present the text of said e-mail, both for your delectation and delight, and as a dire warning to other such correspondents:

Hi,

I am working for Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx on 'Xxxxxxx Xxxxx'x Xxx Xxxxxx'. We are a new weekly show on XX and each week we discuss a different issue with a celebrity guest, specially invited guests and studio audience.Next week on October 11th we are discussing celebrity, and within that the good and bad things associated with being a celebrity - one of the elements we will be looking at is stalking and I read an article you had on your site where Cynthia Flitter was featured. I was hoping to get in contact with her and hoped you may be able to help? If you would like to come on the show and share your views on the topic too, you would also be welcome, We record at XXX xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx and you would need to be at the studios for 3.30pm. I will of course arrange for a car to and from the studios Please let me know if you require any further information,

Look forward to hearing from you,

Xxxxx

As usual, the names of the author, programme and TV company have been omitted to save embarrassment (and avoid potential legal problems. However, this post's title gives a pretty big clue for UK readers as to the identity of the programme. It's probably the biggest TV show who've mistakenly contacted us yet. So, I suppose I should really be flattered. Needless to say, I'm not. I'm just depressed by the continued lack of critical faculties amongst TV researchers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home