Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween at The Sleaze - An Update

So, what's new on The Sleaze? Well, another somewhat delayed story finally made its debut - The Monster Hunters, the last of this month's trilogy of vaguely supernatural/paranormal themed stories in celebration of Halloween. You know, after the problems this and Scared Stiff gave me, I'm giving serious thought to not continuing this seasonal tradition! Whilst knowing sometime in advance what I wanted their subject matters to be, in both cases I really struggled to find a suitable angle for these stories. Even when I'd found it, they both stubbornly refused to fit together in a satisfactory form! This is one of the most irritating problems a writer can have - all the material is present and correct, but the shape just isn't right! After much (savage) editing, both were finally knocked into shapes I found reasonably acceptable.

Anyway, the other development is that I've finally got a horror-themed version of the main page banner up in time for Halloween. I haven't decided yet how long it will run for - I might take it down on 1 November, or I could decide to be lazy and leave it until the end of next week (I've noticed that most of the main TV channels are running horror films in their late-night slots for the whole week). Well, that's the update over for now - I've got to start working on the next story!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home