Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Bloody Good Whinge...

You know, yesterday's post was the hundredth post I've made on Sleaze Diary. I'm amazed that I've got that much bullshit left in me, the amount I've poured out writing The Sleaze for the past six years. Still, for the hundred and first post, I thought I'd have a bloody good whinge about something. Now, I have to tread carefully here, because I'm about to comment on a news aggregator service which The Sleaze is still an active member of - but which turned down this blog's application to have its own feed included. Now OK, I understand how they might feel that as Sleaze Diary is really an adjunct to the main Sleaze site, it wouldn't be appropriate to carry its feed separately to the parent site's. I actually don't have a problem with that and respect their decision. However, (and there's always a however), I can't help but notice that the 'satire' category of this particular aggregator is increasingly carrying feeds from a variety of blogs, most of which I wouldn't actually classify as 'satire'. Self-indulgent shit, yes; satire, no.

Even worse, in at least one case, most of the 'headlines' in the site's feed simply link to topics on their message board. Not only is this not satire, it doesn't even constitute a story of any description. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I really think that subscribers to a news aggregator service don't expect to find themselves simply linking into some idiotic 'discussion' conducted by a bunch morons spewing forth reactionary bile. I might be a bit out of touch, but surely that's what local radio phone ins are for? Bearing in mind that I sweat blood trying to come up with mainly original material to post here, I do find it somewhat galling that the kind of bollocks I've highlighted gets carried, but Sleaze Diary is excluded. Not that I'm bitter or anything, of course...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home