Friday, February 28, 2020

Crapchester Welcomes Coronavirus

I'm quite looking forward to coronavirus hitting Crapchester.  Not because I think that it might wipe out large parts of the tedious local population - it isn't that fatal - but because quarantine might be imposed.  Right now, a few weeks self-isolated in my house, without having to get up and go to work, (which involves me spending quite a bit of time out on the road, making home visits - something that surely would be curbed if the virus hits because of the risk of spreading it), seems a welcome prospect.  No having to deal with tiresome people, no silly office politics, no pointless meetings and emails.  It would give me time to get on with my many projects - or just crash out on my sofa and watch those TV channels full of schlock I can now stream via my Roku box.  If I planned ahead and actually ordered those new cabinet doors and drawer unit, I might even be able to complete most of my kitchen overhaul while in quarantine.  Hell, even if I actually contracted the virus it probably wouldn't be that bad - for most people it is apparently no worse than a bad cold.  I'd happily suffer through that for the sake of some quiet time away from work.  Of course, all of this supposes that coronavirus is a real thing - there are still those who seem to believe that it is fake news, all some kind of conspiracy.

A conspiracy by who and against who is unclear: maybe it is all a Chinese conspiracy to panic the west into quarantining itself and thereby destroying their economies, or perhaps it is something cooked up by those evil Democrats to somehow discredit Trump, (just like climate change).  But then these are professional contrarians we are talking about here - logic doesn't come into it, they just want to run against the crowd and prove that they are 'different' and therefore superior.  In reality, it just makes them stupid - they have to embrace ignorance in order to try and justify their positions.  Take climate change - surely, in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence, no intelligent person could deny its reality.  I mean, it isn't a question of the scientific community being 'divided' over the issue: one one side you have pretty much every scientist saying it exists, on the other you have a bunch of cranks with either no scientific qualifications at all, or highly dubious ones obtained from online universities.  But beyond that - it's fucking happening.  Didn't you notice Australia catching fire?  The disrupted weather conditions?  The melting icecaps?  Yeah, I know, it's all a conspiracy.  As for defending Trump, well to do so because you actually think that this ambulatory tub of lard, who continuously spews out racism, bigotry, idiocy and lies, is doing a 'good job' simply marks you out as simpleton, but do so simply because you want to be contrary makes you a cretin of the first order.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home