Thursday, April 18, 2019

Easter Recess

I don't know whether it really was the greatest football match ever played - as some were claiming - but yesterday's Champions League Quarter Final Second Leg between Spurs and Manchester City was certainly exhilarating.  Not to mention impossible to call right until the very end.  I was on such a high after Spurs went through on away goals that I dropped my watch into a bath of hot water.  (Accidentally, obviously, it's not some kind of localised Crapchester celebration).  Amazingly, it is still working (albeit with the inside of its glass covered in condensation).  See - there's something to be said for those cheap Chinese wrist watches you can buy online for less than fifteen quid.  (It might still be ticking, but I'm taking the precaution of sourcing another one, just in case).  But enough of football and time pieces, this is neither a soccer blog nor a shopping site.  That said, once more I find myself at a loss as to what to post about today. Nothing at all seems to be happening: it's Easter and parliament is in recess, the schools are on holiday and we're just heading into a long bank holiday weekend of everyone doing nothing but eat chocolate.  (Low sugar chocolate in my case, of course).

I've already started my Easter break - I was off work today and did little other than go out and enjoy this fabulous weather we're having with a long country walk.  Something I might do again tomorrow and will undoubtedly do again next week when I'm still off work.  Back in the day, I seemed to spend inordinate amounts of time around Easter redecorating the house and doing DIY.  Nowadays, while there's stuff I could be doing around the house, I really can't be arsed.  I just want to relax.  Actually, I did just buy four old copies of the US Argosy magazine on eBay.  These date back to the late fifties and early sixties when the magazine was half way between being a pulp fiction magazine and a men's magazine.  They should certainly provide material for a few posts in the future.  As should some of the films I intend catching up with over the Easter break.  In fact, I have a stack of DVDs to catch up on.  Not to mention a whole load of video footage I shot while on holiday over the past few years which I still haven't edited into films.  Then there are the podcasts I should be recording.  Of course, I'll probably end up spending too much time crashed out on the sofa to get around to doing any of these things...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home