Friday, December 15, 2017

Self Serving Sex Offending

It's all getting very bizarre now, with regard to these ongoing Hollywood sex scandals.  Now we've got people outing themselves as sex pests.  Presumably because they are desperate for the attention, jealous of the boost to their flagging profiles some of the other accused have received.  That's the only explanation I can think of for self styled documentary maker Morgan Spurlock (yeah, that hump), announcing that he has cheated on every woman he has been with and was once accused of rape.  I don't know quite how to break this to him, but being a serial cheat isn't the same thing as serially sexually molesting women on the pretext of a casting session.  Moreover, being accused of rape and, presumably, as he isn't in jail, having the charges dropped is certainly not the same thing as actually raping women, (on the pretext of casting sessions).   So I can only assume that Spurlock is desperate for the publicity.  I mean, he's no Michael Moore, is he?  When's the last time you remember a Morgan Spurlock documentary hitting the screen?

Yeah, admit it, you can't name a single one of his films other than Super Size Me.  I know I can't.  Indeed, it is that solitary film which encapsulates my problem with Spurlock - he simply sates the fucking obvious.  The whole premise of the film is that he spends a month, or whatever, 'super sizing' every fast food meal he has to see what the effect on his health is. Well, spoiler alert, it isn't good.  To which my reaction is: no shit Sherlock - who would have thought that a diet of fast food would be bad for your health, contributing to such things as obesity and heart disease?  Say what you like about Michael Moore - and most people say he's an egotistical fat fuck - at least his documentaries tend to be actual investigations of current issues.  Which is undoubtedly why he isn't currently outing himself as a sex offender.  But really, Spurlock's allegations against himself just smacks of desperation: "Hey, look at me, look at me everyone!  I'm a sex offender!  No, really, I am!  Even if nobody wants to accuse me!  Please publicly vilify me and get my name all over the media!"  But if we're lucky, he won't make a documentary about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home