Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hooray for the Holidays!

Thank goodness that Jesus was crucified on a Friday and rose again on a Monday, thereby giving us the long Easter weekend.  This four day week couldn't end soon enough for me - work has been both especially tedious and irritating, and my tinnitus returned with a vengeance during the first part of the week.   But I'm now off work, not just for the Easter weekend, but for the next sixteen days, (I had nine days of unused leave with my leave year rapidly drawing to a close and, by coincidence, the various bank holidays coming up mean that I can use those nine days to get off work for sixteen days), and the tinnitus has changed from an irritating hum to a high pitched singing which doesn't bother me.  Plus, in more good news, my endowment policy has paid out, which means that the last of my mortgage will be paid off.  Even better, the payout amount is higher than expected, meaning I'll be left with a very welcome windfall once the mortgage is paid.  Which, whilst not making me fabulously wealthy, does mean that I can once again reconsider my current employment situation, as I no longer have the monthly burden of mortgage repayments to worry about.

But what am I going to do with all this time of stretching ahead of me?  Well, for one thing, I'm hoping to finally do most of the stuff I was planning to do the last time I took time off, but was prevented from doing so by a heavy cold.  I've also accumulated a huge backlog of films to watch, both recorded from TV and on DVD - I need at least a week off to get through these alone.  Once watched these will, of course, provide more material to be posted here.  That said, I'm still mulling over the idea of setting up a new site to accommodate the film and other pop culture related material I turn out. That's something else I'll be giving some thought to over the next couple of weeks.  Then there's that model railway layout I'm forever trying to put together, various bits of DIY around the house I now own , not to mention the garden, which is once again a jungle (much to the delight of my neighbours' cat).  I'm also hoping to fit in a trip to the coast, (delayed from February by that bloody cold)  and maybe a trip to London, to visit Soho and see how much it has changed in the many years since my last visit.  Inevitably, I'll not achieve a fair amount of this as life, as ever, will intervene.  But I'm going to give it a good go.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home