Friday, April 14, 2017

Holiday Magic

To commemorate the fact that today was a holiday, I was going to try and post something suitably light and frivolous.  But it's hard to get in the holiday mood when the front page of the Daily Mirror is screaming that the world is on the brink of nuclear war and my intermittent tinnitus has returned after a couple of days off.  OK, I know that makes it look as if I'm equating an extremely irritating humming in my left ear with the horrors of nuclear war, but it is fucking irritating.  (Not only did it make it extremely difficult for me to get to sleep last night, but I'm having to have a dehumidifier running next to the sofa while I watch TV, as the sound from said device masks the tinnitus).  Mind you, the Mirror can't be too worried that a nuclear holocaust is imminent, as their front page is also promising eight days of Easter crossword puzzles and a free two quid bet at your local Coral bookmakers.  We might see the May Day bank holiday yet, depending on the difficulty of those crosswords.

But to get back to the point, what better to get us in the holiday spirit than a magic act?  (lots of things, probably, but the magic act is what I've got to hand.  Having taken a look at magician Channing Pollock's appearance in European Nights the other day, this time we'll be seeing French magician Mac Ronay's appearance in the same film:


There you go, if that doesn't get you in the holiday mood, then nothing will.  (Except alcohol and drugs, probably).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home