Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wet Feet, Warm Car

I've just spent the past hour having to drive with the heaters on and directed down at my feet in an attempt to dry out my shoes and socks, after finding myself ankle deep in mud after stepping on what looked like solid ground, but turned out to be something more akin to the Grimpen Mire in the Hound of the Baskervilles.  Obviously, I didn't have any alternative footwear in the car, so this was the only option.  I had to have a window cracked open to dissipate both the heat and the horrendous smell emanating from my drying feet.  Still, it was partially successful as I at least wasn't squelching when I got out of the car at this end of the journey.  The joys of being on holiday, eh?  Actually, it's funny how circumstances alter the ways you perceive things.  If such an incident had happened at work, I would have considered it a disaster and it would have ruined the day.  But because it happened on holiday, it seemed a minor, not to mention mildly amusing, inconvenience which did little to dent my good mood.

So, I've been on holiday for nearly a week and the worst that has happened is damp feet, which is quite a contrast to last year, when my holidays kicked off with someone going into the back of my car, resulting in me having to waste several days on the phone to my insurers, organising repairs and a hire car.  Fingers crossed that things continue in a positive vein.  That said, the weather so far hasn't been great, but it has at least stayed dry.  Working on the principal that just because it is raining here in Crapchester, doesn't mean that it will necessarily be raining anywhere else.  So far, I've been right.  In fact, down on the coast today, I even sighted the sun.  It was blowing a gale, mind you, but at least the sun came out.  The only downside of the weather has been that the cloudy skies haven't inspired me to shoot much in the way of footage for holiday films.  Still, there's plenty of time for that yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home