Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Tallest Tree


Just when you thought that I'd forgotten - May's 'monthly movie'.  I can't deny that this one was done in a hurry - it was the last week of May and I realised that I hadn't actually filmed anything, the weather outside was foul and I was up to my neck in DIY jobs at home.  So, I went out to one of my favourite locations and hoped for inspiration.  (I had been planning something more ambitious for this month, but I just didn't have the time to even start it).  Luckily, I remembered that I had never filmed the children's play area.  I call it a children's play area, but I've never actually ever seen any children playing there.  In fact, I can't recall ever seeing any children visiting those woods with their parents.  Clearly, there must be some, or they wouldn't have built and maintained the area...

The wooden tree/castle is very nicely built and of some interest, but the bulk of the film is taken up with me 'walking the height of the world's tallest tree', a display which, apart from the tree/castle, is the play area's only attraction.  Not especially interesting, I know, but it is educational: by the end of this video you should have some idea of just how tall the world's tallest tree was.  Hopefully, we'll have better weather next month and I'll be able to get out to some more interesting locations for Jume's movie.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home