Monday, May 05, 2014

A Brief Bank Holiday Update

Don't you just love a Bank Holiday?  After spending the better part of a week off from work ill and last week back at work facing all manner of problems, this Bank Holiday weekend couldn't have come at a better time.  I did have all sorts of plans for this weekend, (including putting together a post reviewing the first of those Italian war movies I watched over Easter for today), but in the end I just couldn't be arsed.  Apart from a bit of weeding in the garden, (which is in danger of being overrun by them again after the Winter storms destroyed much of the work I did last Summer), I've spent the long weekend doing little more than watching spaghetti westerns (and pirate films), catching up with stuff I've recorded from the TV, re-reading 87th Precinct novels and drinking beer.  Which is a very relaxing way to spend a few days.  I can't begin to explain how wonderful it felt yesterday to go to bed in the knowledge that I didn't have to get up for work today, even though it was a Monday.  We really should have more of these Bank Holiday weekends. 

In fact, according to the EU, we don't have enough public holidays in the UK, we should have at least a couple more.  Which, I'd say, is another good reason for not voting for UKIP.  If Nigel Farage and his band of misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, homophobic and anti-Islamic nutters get their way and we pull out of the EU, then not only will the prospect of those additional public holidays evaporate, but they'll also undoubtedly reduce the number we have now, on the grounds that they were imposed by those European bastards.  So, before you commit your 'X' to those loons in the European elections later this month, just think on that for a minute.  I, for one, enjoy my Bank Holidays and would like a few more, not have them snatched away by some small-minded ignorant bigots looking to boost their own egos.  I'm already looking forward to our next Bank Holiday at the end of this month (when I'll also make an attempt to take a week off again and see if I can stay healthy this time).  Anyway, I'm going back to my beer now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home