Thursday, February 27, 2014

Obsessive Behaviour

So, this week has consisted of nothing but disruptions.  First there were power outages, (fingers crossed, we're so far on a hat-trick of outage free days), then one of my web stats services went down for the better part of a day, now the other service I use, (it's always useful to use two to act as a check on accuracy), is pretending to be suffering from a denial of service attack, so I only have intermittent access to its stats.  All of which makes me feel as if I'm flying blind with regard to The Sleaze.  This sort of thing is especially frustrating when there's a new story up on the site, as it makes it difficult to gauge its initial popularity.  Of course, what really irritates me is that all of these things, to one degree or another, disrupt my normal routines.  And I hate my routines being upset.  I'm afraid that I'm very much a creature of habit - there are certain things I like to do at certain times.  They are almost like rituals - if I don't perform them, then everything feels out of joint, further disruption is bound to occur. 

All of which reveals an alarming degree of obsessive behaviour on my part.  But it is just the tip of the iceberg: I have to park my car overnight in the same space, pointing nose in - if somebody else has parked there, I obsessively spend all evening going out at regular intervals to check whether they've moved.  If they have, I move my car into the space.  Bizarre, I know, but I get very agitated if I'm prevented from parking there.  Still, I have at least broken some of these rituals - most of my under wear is no longer on a strict schedule, with every item having to be worn as part of a specific sequence, with like-for-like replacements for items that wore out.  It's only my t-shirts which are on this schedule now - the socks and boxer shorts are on much looser schedules, with two alternating sets of each, which can be worn in no particular order.  That's surely a positive sign.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home