Thursday, April 05, 2012

The Sleazecast: Random Thoughts

Just in time for Easter - it's the eighth Sleazcast! Random Thoughts is just what it says on the tin: there's no pretence of any theme, it's just a random ramble through my mental processes. Now, I know that last time I said I was going to keep the running length down to no more than thirty five minutes, but I was having so much fun that this one has ended up coming in at something like forty two minutes, not much shorter than the last one. But it's all good stuff! The mix is much as before, with my ramblings punctuated by various bits of pop culture. Whilst I talk less than before on this one, I still feel that I'm talking too much - I'll try and address that next time. Hell, I'm talking (or writing, if you prefer), too much now. So, without further ado, here's the show, which you can hear here:

The Sleazecast: Random Thoughts

Alternatively, you can download it here in mp3 format.

As usual, here's the track listing:

1. Intro - The Shadow Knows...

2. Lana Del Rey, Mantan Morland and George Formby; musings on racism in pop culture

3. Bold Venture, Part Two - Bogey and Bacall get it on, how long can he keep it up?

4. Body image and women's behinds, the Doc's dark secrets revealed...

5. The News with Suzie Sleaze

6. More Movie Musings from my kitchen: the sixties - did they really swing?

7. The Summer of Love in newsreels

8. Closing credits, George Formby plays us out.

I'll be looking to vary the features next time - I'm already working on some new ideas. Before we go, I'd like to thank all of you - the last Sleazecast was listened to by a record number of seven people. I'm not being sarcastic - this is quite an improvement! Not only that, but some of the older editions have also seen some new traffic. So, thank you all for listening, and let's see if we can do better for this edition. Maybe we'll get that elusive eighth listener! Until next time, keep listening!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home