Friday, July 01, 2011

Nearly There...

Well, I'm almost within touching distance of completing the transfer of old stories to the database for the new version of The Sleaze. It's been quite an experience, re-encountering stories I haven't read in years. I surprised myself by actually laughing at some of them. One of the most time consuming aspects of the process has been sourcing pictures to accompany each story, (the Wordpress theme I intend using needs an image for each article or story in order to function properly). The long and the short of it is that I'm still on course for a relaunch of the site somewhen in August. Whether the revamp will help turn around traffic I don't know. To be honest, I'm at the stage where I don't care. The main thing the 'new' Sleaze will mean for me is ease of updating, meaning I'll have more time to concentrate on writing new material, rather than having to waste time on manual updates of pages, indexes and navigation links, let alone general site maintenance. It will also give the site a far more professional look than I could ever hope to achieve with my meagre coding skills. Hopefully, that alone might entice visitors to explore it a bit further. Who knows? Only time will tell!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home