Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On The Trail

Time for another bout of poorly-lit shaky hand-held shots, punctuated by low-level tripod shot sequences. Yes, it's another one of my films. We're back at the location 'A Fool on a Hill Fort' was shot last year. This time I follow a somewhat different route, taking in the top part of the so-called 'Circular Walk'. There are also some sheep wandering around. Oh, and it's all in HD and widescreen, So, without further fanfare, here's 'On The Trail':



As with 'Back On The Beach', I was rather restricted in my filming by the fact that more people than usual were on the hill fort that day. There was one numpty in particular, who kept wandering into shot. (No, not the prat in the hat, that's me). I've manged to edit out most of his appearances, but you can still glimpse him in long shot two or three times.

This film was intended as a dry run for filming me doing the 'Circular Walk'. However, as I quickly discovered, after a Winter of relative inactivity, my fitness levels simply aren't up to this gruelling physical task yet. Consequently, the project has been postponed until the Summer. Nevertheless, shooting 'On The Trail' was a valuable experience, and has pretty much decided me in terms of the shooting style I'm going to use for the 'Circular Walk' - a minimum of hand held stuff, and more tripod mounted shots.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home