Friday, December 24, 2021

Happy Sleazemas

Well. we're nearly there.  If you've forgotten to buy anything for Christmas, it's too late now.  Having only realised two weeks ago that Christmas really was impending, I'm now  absolutely knackered, having sorted everything out in just under a fortnight.  So, obviously, I'm not in the mood to come up with any kind of coherent post for today.  Right now, it is all I can do to slump on the sofa and look forward to a whiskey induced good night's sleep.  I did seriously think about reviving the one time Christmas tradition here of putting together a video of the various external Christmas lights on houses here in Crapchester, but I just couldn't be arsed.  In the past, I recorded all the footage in the course of driving around for work, but as I don't do that any more, I decided that I just wasn't prepared to go out specially to get it for this year.  The prospect of driving around various housing estates after dark when I don't have to really didn't appeal.  Besides, I found that the lights were getting pretty repetitive, anyway, with less and less variation year on year.

So, no videos of the lights of Crapchester.  Like I said, it used to be a tradition but, being an iconoclast, I like to keep breaking old traditions and making new ones.  Not that I can think of a new seasonal tradition to institute here right now.  Talking of Christmas traditions, though, I was sad to see that The Kunts didn't get this year's Christmas Number One spot.  They did get to five in the charts, which was no mean feat bearing in mind that they got absolutely no airplay on radio stations due to the expletive laden and political nature of their song.  Oh, and I should apologise for getting the title of their song wrong yesterday - I stated that it was called 'Boris Johnson is Still a Cunt', whereas, in fact, it is called 'Boris Johnson is Still a Fucking Cunt'.  Still, maybe the Queen will play it as the closing theme to her Christmas message tomorrow.  I live in hope.  Well, that's filled the requisite number of words, so it just remains to wish anyone foolish enough to be reading this a Merry Christmas and I'll see everyone on the other side.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home