Thursday, August 27, 2020

Scenes From a Holiday


Time was that I used to post a lot of my holiday videos here.  But times change.  The urge to video everything waned, for instance.  Moreover, the amount of time it took to edit some of my more ambitious attempts at film-making became prohibitive.  Plus, the focus of the blog began to shift and, correspondingly, I started to feel guilty if I posted stuff not in line with this new focus, as if I was somehow letting the readership down.  But what the Hell, it's my blog and I'll post what the heck I like here. So, here's a quick video of my trip to the beach yesterday.  While the sun was out and it was a pretty pleasant day weather-wise, the wind was up on the coast, with the sea correspondingly rough.  Barton-on-Sea, where I was yesterday, has suffered a lot of erosion and when the seas are rough, the waves can break spectacularly on the rock constructed sea defences.  So, here are a few minutes of the sea hurling itself onto the rocks.  To be glimpsed further out to sea were a couple of those laid up cruise liners which are currently scattered around the UK's coastllines.  They were too far out for me to identify them - my binoculars aren't powerful enough - but I did manage to get this fuzzy photo of them lying just off the Isle of Purbeck:


But I wasn't just on the beach yesterday, afterwards I moved inland and ended up going for a longer than intended walk in Wiverely Enclosure in the New Forest.  It was unintentionally long as I hadn't realised how much the main path snaked around and turned back on itself before finally returning me to its starting point.  Still, along the way I did spot a deer (or did he spot me?).  He actually stood still long enough for me to get a fuzzy picture of him:


So there you have it, (whether you wanted it or not), a day out of my holiday, which might be drawing to a close.  I haven't decided yet.  My current trial separation from work means that my time, currently, is my own.  While I might have some other work coming up, I'll probably still be free next week, so if I get a nice day, I might head for the coast again.  We'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home