Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Up and Running Again (Part Two)

Up and Running Again from Doc Sleaze on Vimeo.

Back to model railway business.  I thought I'd post a very brief video of my recently assembled and repaired Hornby Merchant Navy class locomotive in motion.  In addition to proving that it actually does run, it is also a way of testing whether Blogger's native video uploading system has improved in the many years since I last used it.  (Well, the answer to that is 'no', in that it doesn't seem to work at all - another crock of shit courtesy of Google.  I've used Vimeo instead - it actually works).  Anyway, as well as showing the Merchant Navy hauling five BR Mk1 coaches in a fair facsimile of the 'Royal Wessex', the front end of an unrebuilt light pacific and the whole of my old Hornby King Arthur can be seen in the background.

As previously noted, I'm well aware that the Merchant Navy's tender is the wrong colour - it will be repainted and relined in due course, but right now this isn't a priority.  As I've earlier posted, the loco is effectively a 'bitzer' assembled from parts I bought on eBay, then put to one side for some years.  (It was non-operational and a static exhibit on a shelf for a long time).  I currently have at least four other similar projects at various stages of completion - I'm hopeful of finishing at least two in the foreseeable future.  Keep watching this space.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home