Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Rural Buzz

Rural Buzz from Doc Sleaze on Vimeo.

I decided that the highlight of my holiday activities yesterday was watching some bees buzzing around wild flowers.  It's not a great film - the bees weren't terribly co-operative subjects, refusing to stay put on flowers and flying around willy nilly.  Nevertheless, they are quite fascinating, busy and industrious as they flit from flower to flower, spreading pollen and collecting nectar.  Their single-minded dedication to their task is, in many ways, quite admirable.

I can't help but feel that, over the years, I've neglected the insect world in my various summer holiday wanderings.  Their activities have provided a background to a lot of my travels, yet I rarely acknowledge their existence.  Hopefully, this summer, I might be able to commit a few more of their activities to film, along with some of the other wildlife I encounter. We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home